Bring in these 13 items and the Financial Aid office will assist you in completing the financial aid application online. Students will get a quicker response on their eligibility and the application will be more accurate, saving time later to make corrections.
- The studentís Northeast State ID number as generated by submission of the Northeast State Application for Admission.
- Copy of 2011 Tax Returns for the 2012-13 FAFSA and/or 2012 Tax Returns for the 2013-2014 FAFSA. Dependent students must bring student and parent(s) taxes. Independent students must bring student/spouse taxes. Please be prepared to grant permission to the IRS to import your tax information to your FAFSA. *If you have not completed your 2012 taxes, you can still submit your 2013-2014 FAFSA.
- Copy of 2011 W2s for the 2012-2013 FAFSA and/or a copy of 2012 W2s for the 2013-2014 FAFSA. Dependent students must bring student and parent(s) W2s. Independent students must bring student/spouse W2s. **For questions regarding dependent or independent status, please contact the Financial Aid Help Center**
- List of all untaxed income received in the household, child support, VA disability, workerís compensation, housing allowances, IRA accounts, etc.
- List of child support paid out for a child and the childís name.
- FAFSA PIN (Personal Identification Number). If a dependent student, parent must also have a FAFSA PIN number. A PIN may also be obtained during the appointment.
- Social Security card.
- If a dependent student, the student must know or have the parental date of marriage/divorce, date of residency, birth dates, and parental Social Security numbers.
- If a ward of the court, the student must bring court documentation.
- If an orphan, the student must submit documentation.
- If food stamps are received in the household, the student must bring Department of Human Services certification.
- If the student or parents have stocks, bonds, CDs, trust fund, real estate, partnerships, etc., please have the net value (fair market value ñ debt = net value) of each.
- Student and parent e-mail addresses.
No mailed, e-mailed, or faxed copies of the above items can be accepted by the Financial Aid Help Center. All documentation must be supplied by the student at the time of the appointment.
The Financial Aid Help Center is located in Room F103 of the Faculty Office Building on Northeast Stateís main campus in Blountville. Contact 423.354. or 423.354.5153 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.